During the current health emergency, there are things we can do to keep our community safe and resilient. Please follow the guidance issued by the Alameda County Health Officer to keep you and your family safe. Also, consider these ideas to help sustain Alameda businesses, non-profits and families in need.
Donate today to supply meals for Alameda’s most vulnerable families.
As of June, CASA is working in partnership with Alameda’s All Good Living Foundation who is safely distributing Alameda restaurant meals, purchased via CASA donations, to local families in need of support due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 100% of donations received will be used to buy meals from local restaurants to feed children and families 2-3 times per week.
- Over 200 families signed-up (as of June) to receive meals
- No contact meals are FREE, and delivered by trained volunteers
- Some families also receiving assistance through the Alameda Food Bank or AUSD. Some are not able to get to these locations.
- Most families have signed-up through AUSD and PTA-related communications, however this service is open to anyone in Alameda
- Program is run 100% by volunteers
Thank you to our caring community members who supported the Feed Alameda’s Frontline project!
- 340 meals were delivered to Alameda Hospital staff
- 18 restaurants were supported
- 32 individuals/families donated including Alameda Fire Fighters Local 689 Association
As of June, we will change our focus to Feed Alameda’s Community (a collaboration with the All Good Living Foundation).
April 29, 2020 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Debi Ryan 415-519-4131 email@example.com FB @CASA94501, IG @alameda_casa First Responders Feed the Frontline at Alameda Hospital Alameda, CA - In early April, Community Action for a Sustainable Alameda (CASA) launched...
1. Donate to Alameda Meals on Wheels
2. Donate or Volunteer for the Alameda Food Bank
3. Donate Supplies & Clothing for Residents IN Alameda
4. Keep Supporting our *Fabulous* Local Restaurants
5. Sew Masks for SF/East Bay Crafters Unite
ALAMEDA is fortunate to have so many local businesses "adapting" to COVID19 challenges. Many are now offering useful, fun, creative and delicious packages during this difficult time. As we all Shelter-in-Place, let's take advantage of these SPECIAL OFFERS, and help...