CASA Social Media Outreach Intern
Job Summary: We are seeking a motivated and environmentally conscious Zero-Waste Social Media and Outreach Intern to join our team for a period of seven months, starting June 1st and ending December 8th, 2023. The primary responsibility of this role is to promote Okapi, the reusable cup program, and the participating cafes and boba shops and encourage customers to use Okapi reusable cups to-go, ultimately reducing plastic waste in Alameda. Interns will be working with a team creating and executing a robust social media marketing strategy to promote the Okapi program and raise awareness of plastic pollution. The Interns will also be tasked with organizing and hosting a plastic pollution awareness presentation at their high schools and host one event open to the public. Interns will also table at local events and farmers markets, hand out flyers in the 4th of July parade, and manage a social media campaign and more.
- Promote local cafes and boba shops signed up for the Okapi reusable cup program on social media platforms
- Encourage customers to use the app for the Okapi reusable cups to-go program
- Organize and host a plastic pollution awareness presentation at their high school and host one public event
- Table at local events and farmers markets to raise awareness of the program and promote the cafes signed on the program and get people to sign up for the Okapi app
- Flyer at the 4th of July parade to reach a wide audience and promote the program
- Create and maintain a robust social media marketing campaign to promote the program and raise awareness of plastic pollution
High school student with at least 3.0 GPA or higher (or letter from teacher in special case)
Passionate about the environment and sustainability
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, or willing to develop these skills
Availability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and up to 5 evenings a month online
This is an excellent opportunity for a high school student to gain hands-on experience in environmental outreach and social media marketing. The Interns will play a crucial role in promoting a zero-waste lifestyle and reducing plastic waste in Alameda.
Compensation: $1,000 stipend
Please submit a cover letter and provide any work experience and letter of recommendation from a parent, teacher, or former employer.